These terms and conditions must be read in conjunction with any quotation of particulars for your bookings at Chiseldon House.
In these terms “we” are Chiseldon House; “venue” means Chiseldon House.
By making a booking you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
Making your booking
1.A provisional booking may be made available and held for 1 days.
2. An Advance Purchase (AP) booking is non-refundable and non-transferable and may be available at our discretion. Standard check-in time is from 14:00 on the day of booking and standard check-out time is by 10:30 on the day of departure. These times may be varied at our discretion and may be subject to an additional charge.
3. Children are welcome and we can provide cots and/or rollaway beds for children subject to availability and subject to an additional charge.
4. Full English breakfast is included in the room rate at no extra charge.
5. Car parking is available in the venue car park at no extra charge subject to point 15.
6. WIFI is available in the venue subject to point 17.
7. Advance Purchase (AP) bookings are payable in full 7 days prior to date of arrival and are non-refundable and non-transferable.
Other bookings are payable in full by credit or debit card or cash prior to departure.
Pre-payment may be required at our discretion when checking-in.
8. You must comply with and use your reasonable endeavours to ensure your guests comply with all reasonable instructions:
a. Intended to ensure the safety of people and/or property at the venue and/or the environs.
b. In relation to arrangements at the venue (eg concerning car parking)
c. Concerning compliance with regulations (including noise)
9. You will be responsible for:
a. Any damage caused to the venue, equipment, contents or fittings including guest accommodation.
b. The cost of cleaning rooms affected by smoking and replacing damaged equipment, contents or fittings.
10. We reserve the right:
a. To stop any activity which we reasonably believe is likely to cause damage to the interior or exterior of the venue or to risk the safety of people at the venue or environs.
b. Not to allow into the venue any third-party supplier who does not meet our requirements intended to ensure the safety and welfare of property and people at the venue.
11. Unless we agree otherwise, only food and drink supplied by us may be consumed at the venue.
Changes to the venue and/or your booking
12. We reserve the right to make changes to:
a. Components of your booking to comply with safety or legal requirements, relevant codes of practice or to make other minor changes that we believe to be reasonable.
b. The interior and/or exterior of the venue between the date of your booking and your day of arrival.
Loss, Theft or Damage
13. You accept responsibility for any loss or theft or damage or breakages which occur from unacceptable, negligent or reckless behaviour.
14. We do not take any responsibility for loss or theft of any item or items at the venue.
15. We do not accept responsibility for theft of or from or damage to cars left at the venue. Car left overnight must be collected by 10am the following morning. We reserve the right to charge for car parking after that time.
Health and Safety
16. You and your guests are free to use the grounds of the venue, please ensure you and your guests do so with great care as we do not accept responsibility for any injury or damage to persons or their belongings.
WIFI, Music and Entertainment
17. WIFI is available at the venue without charge subject to carrier connection and speed.
WIFI may not be used for any illegal or immoral purpose. The venue reserves the right to disconnect WIFI at its discretion.
The venue does not accept responsibility for availability and/or use of WIFI.
18. All entertainment must be in compliance with our licence and noise controls. We reserve the right to stop or reduce the level at which music is played. We do not accept liability to the providers or yourselves for any damage or losses incurred as a result of such actions.
19. Fireworks and Chinese Lanterns are not permitted at the venue. A charge of £1000 will be charged if any fireworks or Chinese lanterns are used. You will be liable for any loss or damage caused by fireworks or Chinese lanterns.
20. We reserve the right to stop the use of equipment or equipment considered a risk.
Alcohol and Food
21. We are licenced to serve alcohol and are responsible for upholding the legal requirements and no alcohol can be bought to the venue. Guests who bring alcohol onto the venue will have that alcohol removed and charged accordingly.
22. No external caterers or guests own food stuffs are permitted, except with our prior approval. We do not accept responsibility for health and hygiene for any third party food at the venue and require relevant food hygiene certificates for the health and well-being of you and your guests.
Smoking and Narcotics
23. No smoking (including electronic cigarettes) is allowed inside any building, function room or accommodation. We do not accept responsibility for any use or injury or damage from smoking and/or narcotics at/ or used at the venue. We reserve the right to charge the cost of restoring rooms to a smoke free condition. We have a zero tolerance of any illegal substance being consumed at the venue
24. Dogs are permitted subject to our discretion in the grounds of the venue and the booked bedrooms. Dogs are not permitted in the restaurant or public rooms except for guide dogs for the blind.
Dog owners are responsible for control of their dogs and to respect the comfort of other guests and persons.
Discrimination and Abuse
25. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, sex, age, handicap, familial partners, religion or national origin and we reserve the right to exclude from the venue anyone we consider to be discriminating.
26. No verbal, mental or physical abuse will be tolerated and may result in a private prosecution.
27. CCTV cameras may be in operation around the venue for general safety and security.
Cancellation by you
28. If you need to unfortunately cancel your booking you must cancel in writing and any cancellation is not effective until this has been received and acknowledged. Any deposits that have already been paid will be used towards any cancellation charge.
Cancellation by us
29. We reserve the right to cancel your booking without liability to us if:
a. You do not pay amounts due by the due date for payment, or
b. We have reasonable grounds to believe you may not pay us the balance of your booking price by the due date and have requested you to explain the position and you have not done so to our satisfaction, or
c. We discover you have concealed information, or given us incorrect information, about your booking in circumstances where (if you had not done so) it would have been reasonably foreseeable that we would not have accepted your booking, or
d. We have reason to believe your behaviour or that of your guests at the venue is likely to result in damage to the venue or to our property and/or injury to people, or
e. We believe that your booking might prejudice our reputation.
We reserve the right to cancel any booking, without prior notice, should any of the terms and conditions not be strictly adhered to.
Events outside our control
30. We shall not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or any delay in performance of, any of our obligations caused by events outside our reasonable control (including but not limited to government interventions, strikes, acts of God, national or local disasters, war, serious damage to the venue, adverse weather conditions, pandemic, epidemic, fire, flood, interruption of utilities).
31. In such circumstances we will notify you as soon as is reasonably practical. Our liability will not exceed the amount actually paid by yourselves in respect of this booking.
Limitation of our liability to you
32. Our total liability to you for any loss you suffer will be limited to the total amount of money paid to us for your booking. We will not be liable for any losses which were not reasonably foreseeable to both you and us when the booking was entered into or for any losses that were not caused by any breach of contract or breach of statutory duty or negligence on our part.
33. Nothing in these terms excludes or limits in any way our liability for death or personal injury caused by negligence or by fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation or by any matter for which it would be illegal or unlawful; for us to exclude or limit or attempt to limit our liability.
34. If only one person is making the booking, that person confirms that they have the authority to make the booking on behalf of all associated with the booking. Our contract will be with the person/s jointly and severally named in the booking.
35. Any error or omission in any information or document issued by us shall be subject to correction provided it does not materially affect the contract.
36. You may not transfer any of your rights or obligations under contract to another person without our written consent which will not be unreasonably withheld. We may transfer all or any of our rights and obligations under the contract to another organisation but this will not affect your rights under the contract.
37. If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
38. No person who is not a party to this contract shall have any rights under the contract.
39. All written communications must be sent by post to Chiseldon House, New Road, Chiseldon SN4 ONE or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may send written communication to you at either the postal or email address on our confirmation.
40. This contract is governed by English Law and shall be covered by the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.